Non-Residents Coming to Work in Hong Kong

If you are about to travel to Hong Kong for work or have already arrived, you should find out about your tax obligations. Salaries tax is payable on all income arising in or derived from an office or employment in Hong Kong, and the year of assessment runs from 1 April to 31 March.

If your income is taxed outside Hong Kong, you should also determine whether you are liable for double taxation, and what you can do to reduce the burden.